Every LIFE group strives to reach UP, IN, OUT, & FORWARD.
UP - through prayer, worship, and study; IN - through mutual care, support, and encouragement; OUT - in mission, service, and invitational witness, and FORWARD - empowering and equipping new disciples & leaders.
FAQs about LIFE Groups
- Who are LIFE Groups for? Whether you’re brand-new to First UMC Graham or you’ve been coming for years, a LIFE Group is a great next step for anyone who wants to grow in their relationship with God and others.
- What is a typical LIFE Group session like? Each LIFE Group is unique, but generally all groups have some social time with snacks and conversation up front, followed by a time of study and prayer. The meeting will last somewhere around 1 &1/2 to 2 hours.
- Who leads the group? A LIFE Group facilitator is someone who is recognized, trained, and appointed to serve the members of their group by starting, organizing, and helping to maintain the healthy functioning of that LIFE Group.
- How often will we meet? Groups meet weekly at a time most convenient for each member in the group. If a LIFE group that you are interested in does not fit your schedule, let us know and we will look into starting a new one.
- Where will we meet? Most LIFE Groups meet in group members' homes. (They are called hosts.) Some groups meet consistently in one home, while other groups choose to take turns meeting in different group members' homes.
Current Life Groups (Email a leader if you are interested or would like additional information.)
Intergenerational Men’s Group in Graham – 6:45-8:15pm
Leader - Jim Albright
Intergenerational Couples/Singles Group in Graham/Burlington 6:30pm-8:30pm
Leaders - Martin & Marilyn Perkey
Intergenerational Women's Group in Graham - 7-8:30pm
Leader - Wendy Yoder
Intergenerational Couples/Singles Group in Mebane - 7-8:30pm
Leaders - Mauri and Jean Boren
Intergenerational Men's Group in Mebane - 7-8:30pm
Leader - Jason Woody
Intergenerational Women's Group - 7-8:30pm
Leader – Tracey Parks